Our Ethos and Values
We strive for the highest standards for our children in a happy, polite and safe school environment.
We strive to find, liberate, celebrate and promote the gifts and talents inherent in all children.
We strive to motivate, inspire and nurture curiosity.
We strive to ensure that all children have the skills to enjoy learning.
We strive for every child to achieve well and to become well-rounded citizens who can effectively contribute to their wider community.
We strive to fully prepare our children for their next steps in education and for their lives ahead.
We encourage our children to:
- Ask questions and to try and find the answers through investigation and exploring, whilst learning from mistakes.
- Become enthusiastic, curious, confident and resilient learners.
- Develop self-discipline, self-respect and self-esteem.
- Be confident to be themselves.
- Appreciate, value and take pride in their own work and the work of others.
- Display kindness, good manners and respect for each other, staff and visitors.
- Become responsible members of our community, showing tolerance and co-operation.
- Work confidently with other children from within the Link Academy.
- Develop their awareness of the environment and recognise their personal role in conserving and developing it.
The curriculum offered should:
- Be broad, balanced, challenging and inspiring.
- Meet the requirements of the National Curriculum and Early Years Curriculum.
- Offer activity-centred approaches and first hand experiences.
- Meet the spiritual, moral, cultural, academic and physical needs of every child.
As a whole, we encourage positive links between our partner schools within the Link Academy and with our parents, local community, local secondary school, other primary schools and the wider world.