Year R/1 Class Teacher – Part time fte0.6 Maternity Cover
Moretonhampstead Primary School
This post will be paid within the Main Pay Scale M1-3
Required for September 2021, an excellent classroom practitioner for our Reception & Year 1 class.
This would also be an ideal opportunity for an NQT or early career teacher who will be supported by the Academy Head and staff team.
The Link Academy Trust is looking for a passionate, talented Foundation/ KS1 teacher to join our dynamic organisation, lead a class and work across the Trust. If you are a teacher with real ambition to develop your career further and would like to be at the forefront of current school improvement opportunities we need you. A key expectation to support school improvement will be to lead the establishing of high quality continuous provision, both indoor and outdoor, in a vocabulary-rich, well maintained and inspiring environment.
This position is specifically to cover maternity leave, however the Trust offer the prospect of teaching in a range of settings, being empowered to develop your own expert knowledge and skills and the chance to support/ lead others in their professional journey. You will be part of a proficient team dedicated to working to improve the outcomes for all our children, where your work-life balance will be promoted. We offer you the support of clear systems, protocols, expectations and structures to help you to succeed as a teacher.
You will need to be inspirational and reflective, show initiative, resilience, creativity and demonstrate the aptitude and professionalism to work as part of a successful and growing team of practitioners to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’. We expect you to effectively liaise with parents, stakeholders and the community. The School leaders will recognise and develop your expertise and skills to ensure career development.
We want you to come and join our happy, positive learning environments where our consistent vision is that through collaboration we will always be ‘Stronger Together’
What we are looking for in a candidate is:
- A commitment to developing your own practice through engagement in professional learning in order to develop and implement the most current teaching strategies.
- An understanding of how pupils learn and real commitment to provide and maintain high-quality indoor and outdoor learning opportunities.
- Recognition of our amazing children; nurturing, supporting and challenging them, meeting their needs to ensure they have independent learning behaviours that will see them prepared for their future learning journey.
- An ability to see the best in all and promote and expect positive behaviour at all times.
- A committed approach to the wider school community and engagement with them.
- A cheerful, fresh and creative approach to giving the children under your care the best you can
- Experience of working in an Early Years setting and, preferably, KS1.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
If you wish to visit prior to application, a warm welcome awaits you. Please contact the school office to make an appointment on 01647 440482.
Please click on the links below to download an application form and person specification. Completed applications should be emailed to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5th July 2021
Interview Date: 9th July 2021